EYFS Lead and Assistant Head: Mrs Brittain
Class Teacher: Miss Bradshaw
Teaching Assistant: Miss Nehar
Teaching Assistant Apprentice: Miss Bull
Nursery Spring Newsletter
What we are learning in Nursery
Treasured Texts and Rhymes
During Spring we have...
- Continued to learn concepts through 'Concept Cat'
- Went on our own sensory Bear Hunt walk
- Invited parents to a Phonics Workshop
- Used junk modelling to construct and build buses
- Painted self-portraits for the 'Wheels on the Bus display.
During Autumn we have...
- Used a range of materials and techniques to create an Incy Wincy Spider display.
- 'Shared a Story' with parents and started using our online reading record; 'BoomReader'
- Completed yellow activities and wore yellow for 'World Mental Health Day'
- Learnt the 'Concept Cat' concepts.
- Asked parents to upload activities for 'Concept Cat' onto 'EvidenceMe'
- Celebrated Diwali by creating Diva lamps with clay and decorating them with paint and glitter.
- Made instruments at home for our Phonics lessons.
- Celebrated Remembrance Day by wearing poppies and decorating large poppy pictures.
- Joined in with a 'Fireworks and Bonfire' sensory light show in the dark by Glowbugs!
- Participated in Anti-Bullying week by wearing odd socks.
- Celebrated 'World Nursery Rhyme Week' (see videos below)
- We made Gingerbread Men. We mixed the ingredients to make the dough, then we rolled out the dough, used a cutter for the shape and decorated it with icing and sweets.
- Nature's Burrow visited us at school. Some of us were very brave and held the owl! (see images below)
- Invited parents in to watch our Christmas Performance
- Watched a pantomime at school
- Had a Christmas Party with food and games
World Nursery Rhyme Week (13th - 17th November)
In Nursery, we have celebrated World Nursery Rhyme Week. Below are videos of our children singing Nursery Rhymes at home.