EYFS Lead and Assistant Head: Mrs Brittain
Class Teacher: Miss Bradshaw
Teaching Assistant: Miss Nehar
Teaching Assistant Apprentice: Miss Bull
Autumn Treasured Texts
We have also been learning about the nursery rhymes 'Insey Winsy Spider' and 'Five Little Monkeys'. In Autumn 2 we are learning about the nursery rhymes 'Humpty Dumpty' and 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. We have also been reading the book 'The Colour Monster' by Anna Llenas.
Spring Treasured Texts
In Spring 1 we have also been learning about the Nursery Rhyme 'Wheels on the Bus'.
Use the link below to access the Curriculum Offer for EYFS.
During Autumn we have...
- 'Shared a Story' with parents and started using our online reading record; 'BoomReader'
- Used a range of materials and techniques to create an Incy Wincy Spider and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star display.
- Celebrated Diwali by creating Diva lamps with clay and decorating Rangoli patterns with glitter.
- Celebrated Remembrance Day by wearing poppies and decorating large poppy pictures.
- Participated in Anti-Bullying week by wearing odd socks and listening to an assembly about friendship.
- Had a visit from a potter, who showed us how to manipulate and mould clay to create a Gingerbread Man.
- Joined in with a 'Winter Wonderland' sensory light show in the dark.
- Enjoyed inviting the parents to come and watch our Christmas performance.
- Had a special visit from reindeers - we even got to feed them!
During Spring we have...
- Had a visit from Ron Popple, the magician.
- Went on a Bear Hunt Sensory Walk in Nursery - we walked barefoot over grass, through a forest, into mud, into shaving foam, on rocks and into water.
- Painted our portraits to create a 'Wheels on the Bus' display.
- Invited parents in to join us for a Beebot workshop.
- Joined in with a 'Nursery Rhyme' sensory light show in the dark.
- Participated in lots of different activities and events to celebrate World Book Week, such as bedtime stories, decorate a spoon, dress up as a traditional tale, decorate a potato and read stories in lots of funny places.
- Made sandwiches and windmills linked to the traditional tale 'The Little Red Hen'.
- Decorated pants in the style of Romero Britto and designed our own treasure maps and telescopes linked to our treasured text 'Pirates Love Underpants'.
- Celebrated Mother's Day by creating cards and a special personalised gift.
During Summer we have...
- Had caterpillars delivered to school. We watched them grow bigger, spin their cocoons and emerge as butterflies.
- Created a 'Tiny Caterpillar on a Leaf' display. We made caterpillars out of socks at home, then at school we decorated butterflies and leaves on Minimash and we used cardboard rolls to make the cocoons.
- Celebrated King Charles coronation; we worked together to collage flags, we wore red, white and blue and we had a picnic outside.
- Visited National Forest Adventure Farm https://www.adventurefarm.co.uk/ for our school trip. We travelled there on the school mini bus. We fed lambs, sheep, goats, cows and guinea pigs. We went on a tractor ride and had to look out for the scarecrows and we enjoyed the outdoor and indoor play areas.
- Had a visit from the Pop Up Play Village https://popupplayvillage.co.uk/ where we all enjoyed interacting with the resources and role playing different jobs
- Learnt lots about our orange Rainbow Rule 'Be kind to each other'. We chose a friend to draw a picture for and we said why they are our friend and what we like about them.